Monday, August 20, 2012

Still Alive

I'm okay. I just want to start off by announcing that. I think that I'm going to be okay.

It's been weeks since I've written a post, I know, but I guess from what the Captain told me time sort of...goes by really quickly here? I'm not sure, I guess I'll need him to repeat a few things.

So yeah. I'm with the Captain now, and it's a long story, but he's insisting I write down all of my thoughts so I'll just go ahead and tell you all about it. When I last wrote a post, I was stuck in the Empty City. I got all of your responses, whomever you may be. (Apparently I'm not the first one in this place, though the Captain being here is a pretty obvious answer to that.) I'm not exactly sure what these Fears are other than hellspawn or why something like them would be allowed to even exist, but there's no point in debating over that. I'm in the Empty City. I was in the Empty City for quite some time. I took Proxiehunter's advice and scavenged around for what I could. I took a rusty pipe for a weapon and managed to dig up some food from a creepy grocery store. That's the thing about the City, you always feel like you're being watched. I think it's probably because the City is alive.

I haven't had to use the pipe yet other than whacking the Captain a good one when he starts rambling. (Man is hella crazy.) He's the only other person I've met here and technically I wasn't supposed to meet him. He says most people don't survive the City or ever leave, but he says he's going to help me because I'm important. He found me yesterday, chipper as can be, and he took me to a place with food and a power source for my computer. He says he'll be able to get me out of here eventually. I don't know if I should trust him or not, but he hasn't exactly tried to harm me yet. He's told me a lot about the City and a lot more about stuff I don't really understand quite yet, but I guess I should really try to in a place like this.

He says that once the City finds out we're together, shit's going to go down. Apparently the Captain can shield us from the City's eyes for a time with a salt ring. It seems really silly, actually, but he claims that salt has been a holy protection for mankind since mankind began. He seems to know quite a lot about weird stuff like that. Nothing bad's happened yet, though. But the City gets mad when its prey is taken, so we don't have much time.

I'm going to stay with him for now. He's told me to write a lot in this blog because contacts are important for people in the City. The more you contact people, the less alone you are and that is exactly what the City doesn't want. It does make sense.

He's weird, this Captain, but...I guess he grows on you. I still miss my family though. And my friends. Even you, Mrs. Rigby. You all are probably worried sick, but I can't leave this City until the Captain decides to get me out. But I am safe and well-fed and haven't been attacked by any of those 'Fears' yet, so I guess things could be a lot worse.

Thanks again for everything, people who've been reading and responding. It means a lot that someone out there at least knows where I am and what I should expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment