Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Shadows

I read a little about them on some of the sites the Captain told me to look up, but I don't know, seeing them is much more terrifying than reading about them. They haven't done anything to us yet, though the Captain assures me as soon as I try to leave they will. They're supposedly people who were corrupted by the City, taken to serve it forever by doing its will in our dimension. They're people of order than can order your spine into a perfectly straight line...which is bad from what I remember of health class. Your spine's supposed to be curved.

Consider me strange, but...the Captain's similar to them, in a way. He likes things organized too. I haven't talked to him about it because I don't know what he'll do, and so far he hasn't shown any sign of reading this blog so I figured for the moment it's safe to ask my readers. He will organize anything. Like, he'll straighten my shirt if he thinks it's off center, he always organizes his food into a perfect little platter. (I mean, I didn't know you could organize soup and Rice Krispies but I guess you can.)

He's been nice. He's helped me find food. But at the same time, I don't think it's weird to be suspicious. He was the one who came to me in our world before I came here. And he just showed up out of the blue in this city, as though he knew exactly where to find me.

He still won't tell me how to leave. I think I'm going to chance asking him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment